Chicken Noodle Soup - again
I followed the same receipe as last time but used different vegetables:
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken stock
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Leek, sliced
- half a white cabbage
- 100g thin rice noodles (or egg noodles)
- mixed herbs of your choice
- salt and pepper
- half teaspoon chilli powder
1- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the stock to a simmer.
2- Add the chicken breasts and simmer until tender and no trace of pink remains (about 15 minutes).
3- Remove the chicken and let it cool down a bit, then cut into cubes. Set aside.
4- Return the chicken stock to simmer and add the onion, Leek, carrots & cabbage.
5- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
6- Add the cubed chicken, noodles, herbs and salt and pepper. Simmer until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
7- Serve the soup with bread and salad.