My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I am female and British.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Fruity Coconut Oat Bars

Rob and I went to Katie's xmas party last night. I baked a xmas tree cake (see my blog). I also baked a healthy option........ fruit flapjacks. There were very tasty and disappeared very quickly at the party.

Fruity Coconut Oat Bars Recipe:

125g butter, melted
90g rolled oats
110g sultanas
45g coconut
50g chopped dates
10g chopped glace cherries
75g self-raising flour
110g caster sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon golden syrup

Healthy Xmas Flapjacks

Method:
- Grease 23cm square slab cake pan, place strip of baking paper (grease-proof paper) to cover base and extend over 2 opposite sides.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture into prepared pan (I used a potato masher to press the mixture down firmly)
- Bake in moderate oven (180c) for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan, refrigerate before cutting.
- ENJOY :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home