My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I am female and British.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Home-made Chicken Curry

I own many cook books, but I still tend to make up my own recipe when I am cooking. I always pick up tips from cook books and copy what people do, then piece the tips together into a 'Hanan' recipe :o)
Here is my home-made chicken curry. Here's how I made it:

Home-made Chicken Curry

Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon on chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon on tumeric
- 2 teaspoons of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- salt
- olive oil and/or sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- peas
- carrots
- cherry tomatoes
- half pint of chicken stock
- flour
- mixed herbs
- rice

Cooking Method:
1- pour olive oil and/or sunflower oil into a big pan and heat
2- add all the spices into the pan and keep the heat on low
3- mix continuousley to make a curry paste
4- (ideally add onions, but I didn't have any)
5- add the cubed chicken breasts and mix with the spices
6- add salt
7- keep stirring on a medium heat, do not let it burn
8- add half a pint of chicken stock and stir
9- add some flour to thicken it
10- stir in the vegetables of your choice (I chose peas, carrots and tomatoes)
11- stir in the mixed herbs
12- slow cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
13- serve with cooked rice, salad and bread

mmmm ... all gone ........
mmmm ... all gone ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home