My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I am female and British.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Green Beans Bolognese

Our friends Mira, Paul, Bash & Anisha came round for a meal last weekend. I made a few Arabic meals and mezze. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of the whole meal together as we were all too hungry :o)

Green Beans Bolognese

As there were a few vegetarians among us, I cooked vegetarian bolognese.... well it's the arabic version of bolognese but not really called that.
I usually cook this meal with mince beef or lamb. This time I replaced the meat with chopped carrots, onions and red pepper.... cook, then add the green beans, and bring to the boil... then add tomato paste and a couple of tins of chopped tomatoes and lots of herbs (for example basil, parsley, thyme etc)... cook for 20 minutes and serve with rice and salad.

In Arabic, this meal is called fasolia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home