My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

I am female and British.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Moroccan Recipe

I was wondering what to cook this weekend, I had a look through my Morrocan cook book and didn't really have the ingredients for any certain recipe ... and I didn't have much time ... so I used a combination of ingredients and created my own Morrocan recipe ... it tasted very very good ... adding lemon and cumin to the recipe was a brilliant idea :o)
If you like Morrocan flavours .. I recommend this recipe :)

Moroccan Lemon & Cumin Chicken


Ingredients:

- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 5 spring onions
- chopped garlic
- mushrooms, chopped
- broccoli, chopped
- green olives
- a handfull of sultanas (or raisens)
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 300ml chicken stock

Cooking Method:

- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil, fry the onion, spring onions and garlic. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the saffron, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and keep stirring.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Then add the broccoli and mushrooms and the chicken stock and sultanas.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Add water if it looks dry. Add the green olives 3 minutes before removing the pan from the heat. You should end up with nice tender chicken in a lemon/cumin juice.
- Serve with rice or couscous.

My Moroccan Recipe

1 Comments:

Blogger hassan said...

your blog is delious

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home